Thursday 19 December 2013

Park Shin Hye Says ‘You’re Beautiful’ Saved Her from Acting Slump

Park Shin Hye talked about having fallen into an acting slump in the past.

During the press meeting, which took place on December 17 in Shinsa-dong, Park Shin Hye said, “If I compare myself to ‘Eun Sang’ from The Heirs, I also had a lot of concerns when I was 18 years old. I think that’s when I fell into an acting slump. I hated being called a ‘child actress’ and felt a lot of pressure.”

“I wanted to transition into being an adult actress naturally, but only received comments saying that I looked unnatural acting roles that were much older than I was,” continued the actress. 
Park Shin Hye Says ‘You’re Beautiful’ Saved Her from Acting Slump
“So when I started college, I decided to focus on my studies instead of on acting. But at the time, Go Ara, Kim Bum and Kim So Eun, who were around the same age as me, started acting widely in various projects, which made me doubt my decision.”

Park Shin Hye then shared how she was able to overcome the difficulty. 

“I was falling deeper into the slump, doubting that anyone would cast me or that I could ever act again, when I was offered a role in You’re Beautiful, a drama in which I was able to act alongside people my age and brought out the strengths I had as an actress.”

Meanwhile, Park Shin Hye recently starred in the SBS hit The Heirs, becoming one of the representative Korean actresses still in her twenties. 

Photo credit: S.A.L.T. Entertainment
Text credit: Mwave

No comments:

Post a Comment